Friday, June 26, 2015

Punksters from the Beginning, to Now and Beyond - Blog Entry # 24

I started the Punksters.net Comic Strip in January 2015. It all started with one character, the guitar player named Gerry Bangston, also known as Bang, for short. Not only was he the first character to be created but he also appeared in the first comic strip. I have that first strip displayed to the left.

As of this date, I have officially released 31 comic strips in the series. I have also done a compilation e-book of the first 50 strips, so that e-book currently contains some strips that have not yet been officially released.

I registered the domain name on January 14th 2015. On January 25th, I released the first strip. Before the release of the first comic strip, the website was already up and running and had some free desktop wallpapers available for download and some merchandise ready for sale.

Initially, I was only releasing one strip per week. I went to two strips per week in May of 2015. In August, I will begin releasing three strips per week. I started out slow because I was not sure as to what I would be able to commit myself to.

Not only do I do the comic strip but I have updates on the site and this blog to do as well. So it keeps me busy. I don't release the blog posts at regularly scheduled intervals like I do the comic strips but I try to do at least one or two a week. I don't really see the need to do any more than that, at this time.

Once I complete 100 comic strips, I will compile another e-book that will have strips 51-100. I will also have a specially priced e-book with strips 1-100. The compilation e-books will contain some strips not yet officially released. so the e-books will be somewhat ahead, which is great for those who are anxious to see where things are going.

As far as where things will be going is concerned:
More new characters will be introduced
More strange and new scenarios will be added
Three strips per week, starting in August 2015
A team of elite superheroes will be formed

So those are just some of the things you have to look forward to in Punkster land. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoy creating them. Oh, if you want to start reading the the comic strips from the beginning, here is a link to the first ten strips: CLICK HERE. If you want to know more about the characters, CLICK HERE. More characters will be added that are not yet posted on that page. I don't want to give too much away and spoil too many of the surprises. Well, until next time, bye.

Bob Craypoe, also known as R. l. Crepeau

No comments: