Thursday, June 18, 2015

It's a Punkster's World - Blog Entry # 22

I was looking over the Google Analytics statistics for the Punksters.net website and it is interesting to see what's going on. I get stats like how many visitors I get and where I get them from. the image to the left is a map that shows where I am getting my traffic from, globally. the darker a country is on the map, the more traffic.

Obviously, since it is an American site that is in English, the United States is the darkest. that means that the site gets more traffic from the United States than anywhere else.But the second darkest is actually Russia, which is the country that comes in at second place.

As you can see, I still have not received traffic from some countries yet. they are the ones that are totally white. But since the website is only just short of 5 months old, I suspect that I will eventually get traffic from those other countries.

Google Analytics is great for obtaining all sorts of information. You can see how many pages per visit you get overall as well as how many per country. That gives you sort of an indication as to how well your site or content is being received in various parts of the world. The country that gets the most pages per visit is the united States but that's to be expected.

If you click on the United States, you can actually see a US map with the states that I get visitors from highlighted in the same manner as the global map. The states that get the most visits are darker than the others. The top ten states that I get the most visits from are: California, Texas, New York,Virginia, Florida, Oregon, New Jersey, Illinois, Arizona and Georgia. However, the states that get the most page views per visit aren't even in the top ten. Maine gets more page views per visit than any of the other states besides New Jersey, my home state, but is in 46th place as far as the amount of traffic.

New Jersey gets more page views per visit but I promote the website on my social media accounts and I have more followers from Jersey than anywhere else.

Anyway, things are looking pretty good. I get a lot of traffic from all over the world. I think it will get even beter over time. so, while you are here, check out the latest strip:


Bob Craypoe, also known as R. L. Crepeau

No comments: