Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Punksters.net Comic Strip Collection Volume 1 E-Book Has Just Been Released - Blog Entry # 15

Punksters.net and craypoe.com proudly presents The Punksters.net Comic Strip Collection Volume 1 e-book. It features the first 50 Punksters.net Comic Strips and is available for download in pdf file format. CLICK HERE for more information. It is an absolute must-own for any true fan of the comic strips and the characters that appear in them.

To learn more about it, you can read the Foreword of the book as written by the cretor, Bob Craypoe, also known as R. L. Crepeau:

"Foreword:
Thank you for buying this book. This book celebrates the completion of the first fifty Punksters.net comic strips. The first strip was officially released on January 25th, 2015. It initially started out as being just a weekly comic strip but has since gone on to have three strips released per week.

The first fifty comic strips feature over 20 characters. That can be confusing for some, I know, but I do have a characters page on the Punksters.net website that describes each character in detail and I also have a free e-book available that does the same.

I wanted to do what I could to introduce all of the characters and the various scenarios in the first fifty strips because I felt it was important to create the basic foundation upon which it all would be built.

This is actually my first attempt at a comic strip. It is something that I had been considering for a number of years but had not actually gotten around to it until recently. At first I wasn’t sure if I would be able to keep coming up with new ideas for strips. Luckily enough, though, I managed to at least come up with the fifty that make up this book and I have a number of ideas written down for future comic strips.

I tried to incorporate a number of different elements into the strip. I am a musician, so I have my experiences there to work with. I have worked in a corporate environment, so I have that element as well. I have also worked a number of other different types of jobs and met a lot of different people along the way that provide memories for me to draw from. Please don’t go thinking that I am just making fun of certain types of people because, to a great extent, I am really poking fun at myself, my experiences and how I used to be.

I would not recommend the humor contained in my comic strips for young readers. It is primarily adult humor. I would prefer that the reader be at least 16 or 17 years old. Some people have referred to the humor as being somewhat dark or cynical. Others don’t try to describe it at all other than to say that they think they are funny. Being the creator of the comic strips, I am glad that someone thinks they are funny. I just hope that you all get a kick out of it too."

Bob Craypoe, also known as R. L. Crepeau

To find out more about the e-book, CLICK HERE.

No comments: