Friday, March 13, 2015

Answering More E-mails - Blog Entry # 11

We have been getting a few e-mails here and there, with some being good and others not so good. So let's answer the bad one first. So here's the e-mail and my response will follow.

THE E-MAIL:
"I have read your bio and you don't seem like you are a young guy. Don't you think it's a little strange for someone your age to start doing a comic strip? What's the matter, you can't decide what you want to be when you grow up?"

MY RESPONSE:
A lot of famous cartoonists did their comic strips right up until the day they died. Some of them lived to be a ripe old age. Of course, in their cases, they started their careers early and just continued on later in life.

I could probably credit my late start to procrastination. I had always thought of doing a comic strip but just never got around to doing it. The thing is that I have know a lot of people in my life that had certain things that they said they were going to do but never actually did them. At least I eventually got around to doing this.

If there is one quote that sums this sort of thing up it is one of my favorite quotes from C.S. Lewis and it goes like this: "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." I love that quote because I think of how many people waste their potential in life because they are too busy doing this or that or maybe certain circumstances prevent them from doing so. Well, you don't always have to give up on things just because you are getting older.

I realize that some people are going to like what I do and others are not. That's life. I just hope that my efforts will pay off in the sense that there will be a significant number of people who enjoy my work.

NEXT E-MAIL:
"Hey Bob Craypoe,
I think it's awesome that you use Daz Studio 3D software to create your comic strip. I use the program myself for 3D artwork but I never thought of using it for something like a comic strip. I don't know if anyone has done that before but it's a great idea. keep up the good work."

MY RESPONSE:
Thank you for your nice comments. I don't know of anyone else using Daz Studio or other 3D artwork program for a comic strip. It's possible that someone else got the idea before me. But I took some of the strips and put them in my gallery on the Daz3d website and the response was great. I got a lot of encouraging comments from other people who use the program and it was nice to get that from my Daz studio using peers.

As far as the Daz Studio program goes, I love it. there are some who like Poser over Daz and you have the people who prefer Daz over poser and there may be a bit of a rivalry there. I started using Daz before I even purchased poser and I got so used to the interface in Daz Studio that I have not really gotten into Poser. there are some very serious differences between the interface of each program. So instead of applying myself to both programs and only being mediocre at both, I really went all out and learned Daz Studio while just tinkering with Poser. Eventually, I would like to learn Poser but i would have to find the time to dedicate to learning and experimenting with the program.


So that's pretty much my questions and answers for this week. If you are interested in checking out or finding out more about Daz studio just go to their website: Daz3d.com

No comments: