Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Big Crystal Meth Man Controversy - Blog Entry # 27

So I posted a comic strip on this one online gallery website and they took it down. They informed me that it was taken down because it was one that involved a controversial subject that I had given my opinion on. Apparently, one is not suppose to offer an opinion or take a side on a controversial subject. I have included the comic strip with this post just so that you can see what I am referring to. You can just click on the image to view it at its full size.

I guess implying that people who take crystal meth or get addicted to it often look like total crap is taking a side on a controversial issue. Personally, I don't see how many people could take the other side and say that using it is good for your health and that people who are addicted to crystal meth are generally as fit as a fiddle or the perfect example of good health. Just look at some of the before and after pictures you can find online of people who use crystal meth.

Now, I understand how some may think it may be distasteful or insensitive to create a superhero character that is a crystal meth addict. But the idea here is to show how messed up our culture is becoming and to take some of those things that are now becoming more commonplace and kind of poke fun at the fact that they are becoming too acceptable. Don't get me wrong, I believe that drug abuse is a serious matter but some things in our culture are becoming more commonplace because the acceptance of those things have increased. Sure, I may be offering an opinion in the sense that I believe it is becoming too common but does anyone who is sane really recommend using crystal meth?

I just find it interesting that offering an opinion that something like the use of crystal meth may be hazardous to your health would be considered taking a side on a controversial issue, when nobody in their right mind should be advocating that it is not. It seems more like common sense to me and that it should be no more controversial than telling a kid not to put his finger in a light socket. Oh well, whatcha gonna do?

Bob Craypoe, also known as R. L. Crepeau

Please visit: Punksters.net

No comments: