Saturday, August 8, 2015

Social Network Promotion for a Comic Strip - Blog Entry # 30

Doing an online comic strip is a lot of work. I know, some of you are probably saying something like "Oh yeah, how much work could it really be to just do a few comic strips a week?" And to that, I still say that it is a lot of work.

You see, most of the work associated with the comic strip is not on the strip itself but in promoting the strip through social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, LinkedIn and so forth.

On Facebook alone, I post every strip on my profile page as well as three fan pages. I have a fan page for Craypoe.com myself, Bob Craypoe, and one just for the Punksters.net Comic Strip. I will post the new strip on each of those pages.

I also have three Twitter accounts that I will send a tweet out from that will have the latest strip or a link to something else related to the Punksters.net strip, blog or website.

I have two Google Plus accounts that I will post Punkster related stuff on as well. I will also post in some of the group pages for the groups that I am a member of. I sometimes do the same with my Facebook groups pages too.

On my Pinterest page, I have a board of the Punksters.net strip for the ones that have already been officially released.

Then, of course, there is this blog thing I also do for the strip and website. It's the one you are reading right now. After I finish it, I will post it on my various pages on the social networking sites I have mentioned.

So, as you can see, it's a bit of work promoting the site. I often check my statistics in Google Analytics as well as the analytics for my blog. Often, I check the stats after posting it on one of the mentioned sites to see how many people the post may have brought in. It's good to get some idea as to how effective it all is and I can honestly say that it does make a big difference in the amount of traffic I will generate for my comic strip, blog or website.

So, to sum it all up: Social network promotion and marketing does work. Obviously, the more followers you have on a social networking site, the better the results are. So if you have not actively engaged in the process of social networking promotion for whatever it is that you want to promote, you may want to reconsider. It is a form of advertising and it can not only be effective but cheap. The only real investment is time and effort.

Bob Craypoe, also known as R. L. Crepeau.

No comments: